Got questions? We've got answers!
What’s the difference between a cake doughnut and a yeast doughnut?
We handcraft three types of doughnuts daily: yeast, cake and filled. Yeast doughnuts are light, airy, fluffy yeast-raised doughnuts, with a slight chew. Cake doughnuts are leavened with baking powder, and have a texture somewhere near the intersection of a classic birthday cake and a buttery pound cake. Our filled doughnuts are loaded with our house made jams, creams and custards.
How long do the doughnuts last?
All of our doughnuts are hand made fresh throughout the day every day and do not contain any preservatives or artificial ingredients, so we recommend eating them on the day purchased.
Can I keep them in the fridge?
We don't recommend this. The doughnuts are best at room temperature and putting them in the fridge can dry them out. Our doughnuts are made from scratch throughout the day, using only the finest ingredients and without any preservatives. They should be enjoyed on the day received.
Can I order online?
We have several ordering options if you live in New York City, same-day and advanced orders.
If you place a same-day order, the doughnuts available at the shop nearest you will be shown on the menu (if you don't see the flavor you want, it is likely sold out). You'll be able to choose a delivery or pickup time of either ASAP or later the same day depending on that stores open hours (up to an hour before closing), or up to a week in advance. For delivery of same-day orders, we charge the flat-rate of $4.99 for our delivery partner. Doughnut Plant does not take a commission on this.
Where in NYC do you deliver to?
We are adding more neighborhoods to our delivery zones, but most addresses need to be close to one of our shops. Here is a map with our current delivery zones.
What if I don't live in NYC? Do you ship your doughnuts?
Yes, but only our cake doughnuts and Doughflowers! Our doughnuts are handmade daily with only the finest ingredients and no preservatives or anything artificial. We believe Goldbelly has figured out how to ship the best food nationwide and after significant trials and tests, we started shipping our cake doughnuts and Doughflowers with them. We’re obsessed with quality and making the best doughnuts possible, and shipping our original round and square filled yeast doughnuts just won’t do them justice. No preservatives, no shelf life.
What type of custom orders can you do?
We offer customizable letter doughnuts, Ripples and mini cake doughnuts here, and we'll work closely with you to create other custom doughnuts. For more information, please email our special order coordinators at email@example.com.
What flavors are available today?
We offer a selection of daily flavors that are available year round, as well as monthly seasonal flavors. Check the OUR DOUGHNUTS section and follow our Instagram @doughnutplant for the latest! We are a bakery, making handcrafted fresh doughnuts daily. Flavors are subject to availability.
Do you have any vegetarian doughnuts?
Yes, in fact all of our doughnuts are vegetarian — and egg free! We never use eggs, preservatives or anything artificial and our doughnuts contain no trans fat.
Do you have vegan doughnuts?
Yes! We spent years experimenting to make vegan doughnuts as delicious as our non-vegan (but always vegetarian!) doughnuts. Our Chocolate Chocolate and Banana doughnuts don’t compromise on taste or texture or quality. They are made in the same bakery, but fried in separate oil from our other non-vegan doughnuts.
Do you have a gluten-free doughnut?
Yes! After six years in development, we have gluten-free cake doughnuts. (See our menu for current flavors!) A few notes about our gluten-free doughnuts:
• A separate room in our bakery is designated for making our gluten-free doughnuts, with gluten-free ingredients. While they are fried in separate fryers, there is still potential cross contamination.
• We use buckwheat and rice flours.
• We do not use xanthan or guar gum, no eggs, no soy.
• Our gluten-free doughnuts are not for celiac diets.
• Our facility is NOT dairy-free, NOT gluten-free, NOT nut-free. Those with severe allergies should be aware of potential cross contamination. (Please note, we never use eggs in anything we make).
Do your doughnuts contain nuts?
Yes, some of our doughnuts do contain nuts and when they do, we let you know. Please know that our doughnuts are made in our bakery where nuts are present and stored.
Do you have more allergen information?
• Our doughnuts (except gluten free) contain: gluten, milk and may contain traces of nuts.
• Our Peanut Butter & Jam and Peanut Butter & Banana Cream doughnuts contain peanuts. Carrot Cake contains walnuts, Chocolate Chip Cookie has pecans and Oatmeal has cashews. Other seasonal flavors may also contain nuts or peanuts; please be sure to ask your doughnut server which flavors you should avoid!
• Please know that our doughnuts are made in our bakery where nuts are present and stored. There is potential for cross contamination.
• All of our doughnuts are suitable for vegetarians. We never use eggs.
Do you have nutritional information?
Our doughnuts are made fresh throughout the day every day using the finest ingredients. With the different sizes and weights that come with artisan products, we're not able to provide solid nutritional information. All of our jams, fillings and glazes are made in-house from scratch. None of our doughnuts contain trans fat. Currently, we do not have any other nutritional information available for review.
Is Doughnut Plant kosher?
Yes, Doughnut Plant is certified kosher-dairy by United Kosher Supervision.